Monday, June 18, 2007

World Series of Poker

I love following the World Series of Poker coverage online. I've been rooting for my favorite players, but they've only seen moderate success.

Daniel Negreanu - He's been very anti-poker lately. You can feel it in his writing. Yet, he also seemed to have a certain amount of resolve when the WSOP started. I could sense that he was hungry for the competition and the chance to prove he is the best. So far he's only made one final table and somehow managed to blow a massive chip lead. He's not playing his best, but he's still my favorite player and I have faith in him.

Phil Hellmuth - He's enjoyed plenty of success at this year's WSOP. He won his record breaking 11th bracelet and cashed a few more times along the way. He's currently in good chip position in the 3K NLHE event. I wouldn't be surprised if he took down his 12th bracelet there.

Phil Ivey - He's made two final tables and quite a few cashes. No bracelet though. When he got heads up in the Stud event, I thought he would win it for sure. Clearly, Chris Reslock is not to be underestimated. He also took 4th in the 5K HORSE event. If he continues on like this, he's bound to win a bracelet.

Dutch Boyd - He's been pretty quiet and I haven't seen his name popping up a lot lately. He did recently place 3rd in the World Championship Stud Hi/Lo event though. It would be great to see him pick up his 2nd bracelet because there was a lot of muttering going on when he beat Hachem to win his 1st last year.

Joe Hachem - Where have you been? I haven't even seen his name on any chip count lists and he hasn't cashed in any event so far. He could easily win a bracelet, but I'm not sure he's even playing.

Allen Cunningham - Won his 5th bracelet! This gives him 5 bracelets in 7 years, nobody has a better ratio than he does! I'd love to see him go deep into the main event again.

David Williams - He has at least one cash and he may have cashed again last night, I'm not sure. Despite only moderate success at the WSOP so far, he did win an event at the Bellagio III Cup a couple days ago.

Toto Leonidas - I've seen his name on quite a few chip count lists and he always seems to drop a lot of his chips really fast (but that's not surprising when it comes to Toto). According to Hendon Mob, he has one cash so far.

Paul Wasicka - He seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. He participated in the first few events, I saw his name on a few chip count lists. Since that time, however, I haven't seen his name anywhere and he hasn't written a blog in two weeks. Where did you go Paul?

Joe Sebok - I've been trying to keep track of him, Gavin Smith, and Jeff Madsen because they have a very interesting bet going on between them based on who does better at the WSOP. I want Sebok to win obviously and at this moment, I'm pretty sure that he is. He already has a couple of cashes.

No comments: