Sunday, June 24, 2007

Unbelievable

Playing a 10K HORSE 8-Person SnG (of course) and I just got crippled on the first hand by the worst bad beat I've ever seen in a limit game. I'm so confused and angry, I really don't know what to think. I know I did nothing wrong, but the whole situation just makes my head spin.

UTG, I'm dealt AA. I raise.

Guy #1 reraises.

Everybody folds to Guy #2, he calls.

I reraise.

Guy #1 RERAISES. Guy #2 calls. I call.

Flop: 4 10 Q rainbow

I bet.

#1 raises. #2 calls.

I reraise.

#1 reraises. #2 calls. I call.

Turn: 7 still rainbow.

I bet.

#1 raises. #2 calls. I elect to just call.

River: 10

I bet.

#1 raises. #2 calls. I call.

I show my aces.

#1 shows JACK TEN suited!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! (the other guy had KQo)

The only conclusion I've come to is that this guy made a conscious choice to just bet and raise no matter what. He decided that he doesn't really care and therefore will just throw his money away. Clearly, if he was playing without any amount of experience at all, there's no way he'd think middle pair was good with all the raising going on. Not to mention that there were 3 people in the hand and the other guy seemed content to call with his top pair. Even an amateur won't RERAISE preflop with J 10.

I can't believe that donk poker like that gets rewarded. It's ridiculous. There's no justice in the world when something like that happens. I did nothing wrong and completely had the best hand. You might say that I should have been worried about him having pocket queens. Well I wasn't, not in the least. I could just feel what was going on, I can't explain it.

Regardless, I'm such a great HORSE player that I've pulled almost back to even after flopping trip jacks in Omaha Hi/Lo (I had pocket jacks).

No comments: