Monday, June 18, 2007

Back In Action

I found a loophole/glitch in the Full Tilt Poker program. I would say that I've exploited something that is purely an oversight by the programmers. Either way, it's allowed me to garner play chips without having to play any sort of poker game. I'm only going to use it to keep me playing in the 10K buy-in games. Eventually I'll have enough money to never use the exploit again. The exploit is very very slow and only gets little bits at a time. I don't want to explain it because I don't think people should know about it.

Anyway... I played in another 10K HORSE tournament. I finished second.

For the first time in a long time, I wasn't completely card dead in Razz. Most surprisingly, however, was how well I played in Stud Hi when we were 3-handed. I completely turned everything around in that round and took a great chip lead.

Yet... I only had a slight chip lead going into heads up. The match was slow because the stacks were fairly deep unless both players took their hands deep. It was very back and forth for a long time and I'm sorry to admit that I was the first one to start to lose my focus and concentration. I was bored with the stalemate and tried to make some moves that didn't work out for me.

In the end, during Omaha Hi/Lo I turned a king high straight and there was no low on the board. I tried to slow play it and he caught a flush on the river.

Still, I played well for the most part and I cashed again. Most importantly, I feel that I cashed because I played well and not because everybody else played poorly or because I caught a lot of hands. There's a very fine distinction, of course, but a huge psychological difference when it comes to evaluating the game once it is over.

No comments: