Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tough Break

I won a 9-person 10K sit and go pretty easily. I didn't play spectacular, but it was good enough to win it all.

Then I got involved in a 6-person 10K sit and go and played AMAZING! Everything I did was perfect and it was only a matter of time until I won. Then all my opponents started sucking out on me left and right.

I had Ah8h and this guy who is absolutely the worst player in the world was in the pot with me. He was so easy to read and predict... this guy was basically my bitch. We were even stacked, but that's because he managed to knock out two players in 3 hands (they were all playing badly). Flop comes down ace high and with two hearts. That's a great flop for me. I bet, he moves all in like an idiot, and I call him. He has A2. The turn pairs the board and the river is a Q. He gets really lucky and we split the pot. He should have been out there... but whatever.

Then the other guy who was left in the game was playing really tight and would only play back at you if he caught some part of the flop. I raise his BB with J4 in the small blind, he calls. Flop is 4 4 7. I check (to set up a play that would look similar to a bluff he had caught me in earlier). He checks. Turn is a 5, and I bet half the pot. He moves all in... he was fairly short stacked, so it's not such a horrible move. He has 7 5. I can't even believe he called my preflop raise with that crap but I guess that he got tired of me raising him. Who cares though? I'm about to knock him out---- no wait, the river was a 5 and he doubles through me. Sick, huh?

Then I'm against the loose idiot again and I'm short stacked now. I have 22. The flop comes 6 10 10. He minimum bets, I raise, he moves all in. I think about it, but call. He actually has a hand this time with 88 and I don't suck out.

I was running over that table and they just kept getting lucky against me when they were dominated. I find it hard to be upset though because I played so well and that makes everything all right.

No comments: